Now that I have two kids my days seem to fly by so much faster than before! I cannot seem to get that daily list even halfway checked off. Biggest thing….. I have struggles with is getting meals prepared and cooked in time for dinner. I have been looking for some quick meals that are still DELICIOUS! Here is one of my favs!
Teriyaki Chicken with Rice
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts
- ¼ C Soy Sauce
- ¼ C Orange or Apricot Marmalade
- ½ tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 tbl. Olive Oil
- 11 ½ tbl. butter
- White Rice
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together soy sauce, marmalade, ginger, and sesame oil.
- Pour into a gallon size ziploc bag.
- Add chicken to the marinade.
- Set in fridge for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from bag and cut into 1 inch pieces. (Do not discard marinade).
- In a pan heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Once hot add the chicken and saute until cooked through.
- Remove cooked chicken and place in a bowl.
- Pour extra marinade into the same pan and add the butter.
- Cook on medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes. Then remove from heat.
- Add chicken. Mix together.
- Serve over white rice and a side of veggies.
This food was delicious! The hubby even went back for not only seconds but thirds! WOOT WOOT, I’d call that a win!