This past weekend was a special one for our family. We had lots of family come to town from California and Utah to witness the blessing of our newest little guy Brixton. While I was planning for the day’s events I needed some type of dessert that was not only delicious, but easy and time friendly. Those Oreo truffle balls Kayla posted about a few months back popped into my mind and that was the plan.
During my weekly shopping trip I was in the cookie isle looking for some plain old Oreos for my dessert when I came across peanut butter Oreos….. WHAT!? Why has no one ever told me about these before?? Well I took a gamble and picked these up off the shelf instead….. And good thing too cause this recipe is too die for if your love rich chocolatey, peanut buttery desserts. Here’s what I came up with for a recipe.
Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles
1 pkg Peanut Butter Oreos
1/4 c peanut butter
1 8oz block cream cheese softened
1 1/2 c semi sweet chocolate
3 Tbl peanut butter + 1-2 Tbl for drizzle (optional)
- In a stand up mixer gradually add Oreos on medium speed until a fine crumble forms.
- Add in peanut butter and cream cheese.
- Whip together on medium-high until a smooth mixture is formed.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper roll out small 1-2 inch balls of cookie mixture.
- Chill loosely covered for 30 min.
- In a microwaveable bowl melt chocolate and 3 Tbl peanut butter in microwave until smooth. (I use the melt chocolate button, if you don’t have one melt for 20-30 second increments until melted completely).
- Use a fork to lower cookie balls into chocolate to cover.
- Once covered, on edge of glass gently tap fork to get rid of excess chocolate.
- If you want you can melt a few Tbl peanut butter and use a fork to drizzle over top to decorate.
- Return to cookie sheet.
- Chill 30 min.
- Store in air tight container in fridge.
Give these a try they are so so yummy! I may have cheated on my diet and ate a few too many and by few I mean about 8!