Since the new baby being born Kaysen has been having a really tough time adapting. For the first couple of days after, Kaysen wouldn’t even look at me or let me give him a hug. I was beside myself feeling terrible for the little guy. This was going to be a ROUGH transition….. and that’s putting it lightly. Eventually Kayse warmed up to me again and went back to his fun-loving rambunctious self. As for his new baby brother, it’s still an issue. He won’t look at him. He basically goes on with his life and pretends he doesn’t exist. If I am holding Brixton, Kayse comes over to me and sits right on top of Brixton as if he wasn’t even there.
Since I know he is having a tough time I decided that each day we would spend some one-on-one time together while the baby takes his naps. Yesterday We made cookies and ate them all up with a big glass of milk. I can tell just in the short amount of time that taking some quality time to spend just me and him has changed his attitude completely. He still doesn’t acknowledge the newest addition to the family, but he is much much happier! Im sure he will come along eventually……
These cookies were DELICIOUS! Perfectly chewy! and who doesn’t like a little chocolate mixed in with peanut butter?!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ c. butter, softened
- ½ c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½-1 t. vanilla
- 1¼ c. flour
- ¾ t. baking soda
- ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 1 C. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a stand up mixer cream peanut butter and butter together
- Add in the sugars, egg, and vanilla
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt with a fork
- Gradually add dry ingredients into creamy mixture on low speed just until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Drop small balls of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet (I use a baking mat for easy cleanup)
- Bake for 8-9 minutes (Mine cooked for EXACTLY 9 minutes but every oven is different)
Hope you enjoy these delicious cookies…… don’t forget to share with your friends!