This weekend I had one of my bestest best friends all the way back from high school up here visiting. Our normal menu wasn’t going to work for her visit. She eats things that make her body feel good. I was actually pretty excited to have her up here… I need some good influence on my diet. Well… as I do every night I wanted a treat… but who wants to enjoy dessert all alone? NOT ME! Soooo my dear friend went a searchin and found this incredible vegan nut butter cup recipe. Talk about the perfect blend of almond nuttiness, coconut, crunch and chocolate all in one bite.
This vegan recipe is different than others I have tried…
You gotta try them! They are amazing and you will want to take them to your next mommy play group… but be sure to make a double batch because the kids will enjoy this healthy treat right along with all the moms.
And not only did my daughter absolutely love them… my husband was impressed too. I am excited to make them up again and share them with all my friends!
So here is the recipe adapted from Oh She Glows (If you want great picture instructions, check out her site!)
45 minutes w/o kids
65 minutes w/ kids 🙂
3/4 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup raw oats
2 TBS raw nut butter (we used almond butter… yum!)
1.5 TBS coconut oil
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1.5 TBS honey (pure maple syrup or agave works too)
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
3 TBS coconut oil
3 TBS honey
2 TBS cocoa powder
pinch of sea salt
- Grind raw almonds and oats into a flour (I used my Cuisinart food processor)
- Stir in nut butter, coconut oil (if not in liquid form melt in microwave), cinnamon, honey, vanilla, and salt.
- Place liners in your cupcake pan
- Press mixture into the bottom of liners
- Whisk together all ingredients for the topping, again melting the coconut oil if needed
- Pour about 1.5 TBS of sauce into each cup
- Optional: Place almond pieces on top
- Freeze on flat surface for 30 min
- Eat immediately upon removal from freezer (Best frozen!)