Although we don’t live the gluten free lifestyle, I have been trying to find ways to get extra veggies into our diet. Makes me feel better when I lay down at night to review the day…
“Hmm… kids had chicken nuggets, french fries, mac n’ cheese… tablespoon of veggies? Go me! This momma is rockin’ it!
Well let me tell ya, I was feeling like “Mom of the Year” after whippin’ these bad boys up last week. The kiddos scarfed these protein packed veggie tortillas down. I couldn’t serve em’ up fast enough. Which means, I slept well.
Now I’m gonna have to be honest. As much as I tried to convince him that these were just as good as regular tortillas… the hubby just tolerated them.
This battle with the hubby is one I have chosen to surrender. I have finally accepted the fact that he is a grown 27 year old man that can choose what he will or wont eat. Wow. Can’t believe I can actually say that. I think I know the subject of my next post 😉
What you need:
- 3/4 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- juice and zest from 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
What you do:
- Pulse cauliflower until it resembles a couscous consistency
- Microwave for 2 minutes, stir, microwave two more minutes
- Put cauliflower in thin dishtowel and squeeze out the liquid. (You may need rubber gloves… its hot)
- Whisk Eggs
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Shape into 6 small tortillas
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake 10 min at 375 degrees
- Flip and cook for 6 more minutes
- Brown both sides in a warmed skillet for 1-2 minutes